Wednesday, December 17, 2008

it might not look like Christmas...

But it feels like Christmas. And I am not referring to the world around us I am strictly referring to our apartment. With the plan being to pack up most of our worldly possessions over Christmas I did not want to haul out the ornaments and then put them all away. So instead we have one... solitary ornament hanging from the chandelier. But under the chandelier is our table, which is full of presents.

I have shopped for... my 22 students, my parents, my brothers, Steve's parents, the two people we have on Steve's side, my mentor teachers, supplies for Steve's presents and the person for whom I'm a secret Santa at school.

I have made presents (Strawberry jam and other things) for... some little ladies, my carpool girls, other friends, and my husband.

Steve went shopping today too for ME. Yes, the only person he is responsible to shop for.

Some things I'm excited for this Christmas-
- Celebrating Christ's birth
- Giving the above said gifts
- Spending time with family and friends
- Having my Christmas party with my students on Friday
- Singing Christmas songs (although I decided today I really don't like We Three Kings)
- Having two weeks to "relax"
- Having two weeks to get ready for having two half-time classes
- Having Monique home for at least a couple days and going Boxing Day shopping with her
- Packing up this apartment because it means we're that much closer to getting into our house
- Having Kurtis' girlfriend at our Christmas dinner (this Saturday)
- ... okay getting gifts....

It may be super duper cold but I am very excited for Christmas this year (and even more excited that the next time I need to go shopping is on Boxing Day)

Merry Christmas to all my blog readers!

Cheers!
Krista

5 comments:

. said...

merry christmas to you too! and thansk for the picture! it looks great on my wall!. ok, i just looks great. i love the photo and the background. classy stuff, i'm telling you!

Andrea said...

Ooh...Boxing Day shopping?? YIKES!! I've only done that once -- and mistakenly enough, it was at electronics stores. NEVER! AGAIN!

Mall shopping might not be so bad though. Hope you get some good deals!

ps: thanks for the jam!

Krista Nicole said...

You are both welcome! For the picture and the jam.

I love Boxing day shopping. We don't go to electronic stores. We go to home stores and clothes stores. It's good times I tell you.

PamJ said...

I have never been shopping that day yet. Hope to! But we'll see... thanks for my jam too, it's delish :)

Pamela said...

hey did you end up trying the strawberry balsamic jam? If so could you send me the recipe...it sounded good!