Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Years...Resolution?

We had a New Years unlike we've had for many years last night. There was only 5 people at our party and that included us. We rang in 2009 with my cousin Monique and her really good friend Lynne who is now a mutual good friend (we've just started doing things together even when Monique is gone) and her boyfriend. A good time was had by, I think, all.

The new year always strikes a chord in me about who I want to be in the next year. In 2008 I wanted to be more self-disciplined. I don't know that it happened but I did attain my goal of running the half-marathon that in my mind was linked with self-discipline.

This year, 2009, I want to be a kinder, softer and less critical person. If anyone has any good suggestions on how to do that I'm all ears.

Cheers to love, life and 2009!

1 comment:

Pamela said...

Happy New Year and all the best for 2009 and whatever the year ahead holds!