Saturday, April 4, 2009

Makeover items and Opinions Needed!

Alright, I'm having some problems posting pictures in here so I'm going to do a slide show. But I need your opinions on my lamp situation.

These are the lamps before. My dad bought them in the 70s. They do have peacocks and butterflies. He was sad to let them go but alas they felt into my paint happy hands.And after... I spray painted them with a hammered silver finish but my problem is I bought shades that were smaller and more contemporary and I am not 100% confident that they look right. (the plastic is still on so I can return the shades if necessary)

Thoughts.... opinions? All are accepted.

3 comments:

PamJ said...

LOVE the pictures above! The green looks great in both rooms :)
I think you need a bigger shade for the lamp, JMO!

Anonymous said...

too small... maybe you could hang jewels or something from the bottom. Maybe I've been too influenced by gaudy Egyptian furniture! : )

Pamela said...

It's hard to believe it is the same lamp! I think it needs a bigger shade too.