Thursday, July 3, 2008

Another Update- Updated

So things seem to be looking up. Dad looked better today, he was off of oxygen, off the heart monitor and off saline. He is still in observation and has not gotten a room but at least he is not in the hall. They want to keep him until Monday when he's been on the blood thinners for a week, but as of today his blood was at the levels they wanted it as far as thinness and he passed the first part of the heart/stress test. The clot "could" still move, and they do not have results back from Mayo yet and probably won't for a couple days. He will have to take it very easy this summer, no lawn mowing, etc.

So my mom may have to mow the lawn... She hasn't mowed a lawn in 35 years and someone was surprised this week to hear that I had never mowed a lawn. Well... I may have mowed my grandparents lawn on the farm, but I don't quite remember. I know I drove the lawnmower and tipped it in the ditch (only once I believe), but I don't know if I was actually mowing the lawn or going for a "drive". But I digress.

The prayers have been much appreciated, keep them coming as now that he has had this once it may happen again.

Update- Karyn also remembers me hitting a rock or a tree when I was driving the riding lawn mower. As for my parents- it doesn't look like lawn mowing will be a problem for my dad

3 comments:

Andrea said...

So sorry to hear about this difficult week for your family. It's hard to watch the ones we love at risk (health-wise or other-wise).

Thankful that things are improving for him. Keep us posted.

Praying...

tammi said...

So glad to hear your dad's improving and that the prognosis sounds good. I bet it'll be tough for him to sit around this summer and watch everyone do the things he's used to doing!

And lawn-mowing's not so bad. You can cheer yourself up with being thankful it won't take you an hour an a half, twice a week, like it does me!!!

Pamela said...

oh man! How scary! Hope he continues to improve!