Sunday, February 13, 2011

Bye Bye Football

Okay so I didn't really know what to name this post. We did bid farewell to football this week (perhaps that is what I was celebrating at the Superbowl party last Sunday). We had a big party which was lots of fun but was overwhelming at times. I was so afraid that there wasn't going to be enough food, etc. By the time the game came I was pretty wiped.

Then Monday I got the sweet surprise of waking up at 5:45. ON MY BIRTHDAY. I didn't get called to sub so I could so have slept in. Oh well. I did have a couple short naps in between cleaning and other things that were generally relaxing. Steve and I celebrated my birthday by going to Earls St. Vital for supper. A couple months ago we went there and I had a pasta that was fantastic as well as their grilled foccacia and one of their red wines. I liked it so much when I had it then that I ordered the exact same thing. It was very good.

And I know you're on the edge of your seat wondering if I bought the air compressor or the camera. Welll...... the camera won out for right now even though I had to shell out for the remainder. My brother and SIL bought me the memory card for my birthday so that was one thing less I had to buy. And here's the best part! Steve is going to get me the air compressor as a birthday/Valentines' gift next time it goes on sale because unfortunately we missed it this time round. The camera has been super fun to play with. I have taken a couple hundred pictures already (with many being deleted already) just to test out the different features. Like this one feature that will only take the picture once you smile. Very fun.

I had an interesting week as far as subbing. I went as far as St. Adolphe this week and also had a day in which I taught high school and Kindergarten in the same day. Do you want to guess which was a walk in the park and which wasn't? I also had some moments this week where I felt really low. I was feeling like I was giving and giving and giving and my well was running dry. Thankfully through my devotions and my awesome cousin I realized that you have to live without seeking return. Unfortunately, because we are imperfect people we do not always get back what we give out and God can use our humble hearts and generous spirits even when we feel dry, because he will fill us up again. Thankfully this weekend has been nice and calm and just what I needed.

And if that's not enough. It is our two year home ownership anniversary. Yay! As a look back at how our home has transformed in the past two years I integrated one of my old slideshows with some new pictures (that I took with my new camera : ) ) While I often get really caught up in what needs to change it's great to see where we are and stop and be thankful. God has provided us an awesome house that is perfect for parties and for hosting cell and so many things. While we maybe should have looked at more than one house when we bought this house it all worked as it should and God set things in place for us.

So here's the slideshow. The one I put on FB has actually captions if your curious. Cheers!

No comments: