Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Choices, Choices

My birthday is a mere 5 days away and I am pumped. I look forward to this day all year actually. Since Christmas I had been planning to buy this camera with the birthday money that may or may not come my way. Chad got this camera for Christmas and there's been awesome reviews. It was on sale several times before Christmas for under $200 but it has been back to it's regular price of $279 recently. Which is a little high.


In comes the Canadian Tire flyer (duh, duh, da) and a 8 Gallon Air Compressor with Nailer on sale until next Wednesday (not exactly the same as this picture).


Oh the dilemma. On one hand I do want a new camera because my current one is not good at focusing, or indoor pictures or outdoor pictures.... A camera is something I would use LOTS. But the one I want is not on sale... (and I'm not going to pick another one. Not even an option)

But on the other hand the air compressor is on sale, for almost the same amount as I usually get in birthday money. I know of so many ways I would use this. I am wanting to redo the baseboards in several of my rooms and the trim outside and in some rooms inside the house. I would be able to use it when constructing furniture and almost best of all with a sprayer I could use it to "spray" paint my furniture and the trim that I would put in and my doors that I painted last year that still look gross I could redo. All giving things a better and more professional look.

I know that if I get the air compressor and with all the home projects that we need to do that buying the camera might get pushed very far into the future. The air compressor may go on sale again. After all it is at Canadian Tire and none of these projects need to be done now. And it would be likely that we would still buy this item within the year because we will need it for stuff this year.

In other "news" my culinary challenge is going well. I have been tasting and adjusting spices, I have made a lemon chicken that was horrible so on to another recipe and I have been working on my breads. In fact I have a batch of buns in the oven right now.

I have been looking online at books I am interested in buying to focus myself on the foods that I want to perfect.

This one called Laurel's Kitchen: A Guide to Whole Grain Breadmaking sounds like just what I'm looking for.

There's also this Mexican book that looks like something I would love to read and cook from. It looks like all of Rick Bayless' books are great Mexican cooking tools.




Well my buns are beeping, well not the buns persay, but I better go. Let me know what you would do. Air Compressor or Camera?

Cheers,
Krista

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Well...as I am far from a home-improvements type of gal, I would totally go with the camera. But with your creativity in household ventures? I might say the other gift would suit you better...

Pamela said...

I'd go for the camera just because it would frustrate me to not have clear photos...but you do seem to many handy type things that would warrant the purchase of the compressor first. Tough call.