Thursday, April 3, 2008

Boston Pizza- A career, a journey... good ridance.

Since my last post, I have once again questioned why I have this blog that is open for the world to see, when I am fairly big into privacy. And also since then I have lost all of my free time, because it is spring break... oh I cannot wait for next year at this time.

I will take you, for a moment, through my 6 year and 8 month (if I did the right math) journey at Boston Pizza. I started off, in September of 2001 before I had met Steve, and shortly after the summer of my graduation, move to Banff and then the move back home. I had got a job at Feet First shortly into my job search that fall but they were unable to guarantee me hours, and so a family friend who was working there at the time suggested I come apply. Sure enough, I applied, I got hired to be the day cash hostess and my career began. I started being the cash person, the only hostess during the day, this led into doing delivery driving at lunch time and then making the switch to be a full time delivery driver, after about a year at BP I had made my case to be a server and I once again switched roles. I was a server for who knows how many years when I became a supervisor almost 2 years ago. During my time as a supervisor, I did some managing shifts, but mainly did cash shifts (doing all the balancing and dealing with money in the mornings) on Saturday mornings, while serving the rest of the time. At times I considered leaving (after all both of my brothers did), but it was always just an easy decision to stay because of the time I had been there. This job put me through my schooling, and has been a pretty good job. I've seen a lot of employees come and go.

Almost two weeks ago I gave in my two weeks notice, it was something that Steve and I had talked about for a while. Because teaching and then going to work is a little much. So I will have a month in between ending my employment at BP and starting subbing.

This is my last week at Boston Pizza!!! Whoot. Initially, despite a conversation initiated by the scheduling manager about what I wanted to work... and further only being given two measly, and meager shifts, I appealed for more to my coworkers. And it worked, a little too well.

Monday I went back to my roots and I delivery drove, oh what fun memories. I also worked Tuesday, and yesterday I worked 11 hours. Tomorrow I should be working about 10 hours, and Saturday my RETIREMENT day I will work about 8. Now that's how to go out with a bang.

And since Sunday we're doing Easter with the Smiths and the Fehr's, I will have had very limited time off this Spring break... oh and I haven't even talked about going to court today.

lol, well here is to finishing one career before I jump into another.

Cheers!

4 comments:

PamJ said...

YAY for retirement!
good thing the judge in court didn't haul you off to jail ;) lol
since you are all about privacy, you should think about going private :) it works!!

Krista Nicole said...

Yeah, since you have gone private you haven't posted anything

Andrea said...

enjoy your RETIREMENT, krista!!

tammi said...

Nothing like a little overload to make you really thankful you're quitting, eh?! Sounds like they kept you busy last week! If we'd known you were delivering, we'd have for sure ordered some!! It's the end of an era!!!