Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Running.... so.... slow

Steve and I are going to be running the half-marathon with some of our friends. Well, technically we have not paid the fee or registered yet. But soon we will. Between Steve and I it's $130! So how is running/training going you ask? Well... this is the third summer I have run. My motivation I must say is a little... lacking. I always have some reason not to run. Bad me! But I had said last summer that I would run the half this year, little did I really understand that when you haven't run all winter, it' s not a super good idea to just start training two months before. But I had said I would and I will! Steve decided a couple weeks ago that he would run with me, so we bought him running shoes and shorts and the first time we went running was a week and a half ago.

Since then Steve has run many more times then me, and when we have run together it wasn't quite what I was expecting. Running doesn't really come naturally to me, I am exhausted and I really have to push myself. Running does come naturally to Steve, well his form is a little questionable, but he is much faster and doesn't have the exhaustion that I do. So now that we're running together I have to watch as he runs far ahead of me, he just can't run as slowly as I do.

Yesterday we ran just short of 6km, and we will again tomorrow. I just wish I wasn't so exhausted. I am tracking my eating and drinking of water before runs so hopefully that will give me a clue as to what works. Any suggestions for sustained energy would be great!

2 comments:

tammi said...

Good for you! I'm impressed! Have you checked out The Running Room? I hear lots of people talking about their training schedules and whatnot. Personally, I prefer walking, but apparently they're not called The Running Room for nothing.

Andrea said...

Anybody who RUNS is my hero!!