Saturday, November 8, 2008

one by one they fall

16. Make bread from scratch (And it has to taste good)- I made Honey Whole Wheat Bread
100. Watch our Wedding Video
Now that was an interesting experience. It was over three years ago. So many of our little people and even Chad look so much younger. I realized for the first time that my bridesmaids walked down the aisle wrong (all at the same time), and Steve relived the horror of having to hold my flowers while I sang in the worship team. We sat through all of the speeches (which were mainly about Steve) and were very long... my apologies to those who sat through them the first time. I cried hearing the speech by my cousins and my parents. Even my brother's speeches were wonderful. I don't know that we'll watch it again but now we've relived that occasion once.

In progress currently--
27. Have a dinner party once a month for 6 months 2/6
32. Send out Christmas cards (most likely including #31) - ordered
34. Visit 3 out of town family members 2/3
I brought my SIL (in Steinbach) a birthday dessert 09/11
35. Buy 3 friends flowers 2/3

40. Go on a date night once a month 4/32
52. Try 5 new flavours of gelati 2/5- first new flavour tried was Blood Orange 08-15, Pink Grapefruit 08-17
62. Don't eat fried chips for two months- Started Sunday November 9/08
92. Watch all the seasons of SATC- Have watched Seasons 1-3
94. Read 10 non-teaching books - I've read False Witness, and Good-Byes are Always Hard
95. Incur no late fees at the library for 1 year (this may be hard)- Started August 16 with a clean slate!... update- I thought I renewed all the books I took out for my classroom. Turns out I forgot a few. Re-started November 4.

So right now the ones that are done are--

14. Sew 4 things 4/4 I not only hemmed pants for myself, I mended some of Kurtis' clothes and sewed three totally cute take home bags for my students to take home some memory games I'm making.
16. Make bread from scratch (And it has to taste good)- Made Honey Whole Wheat Bread
22. Make Steve breakfast in bed
26. Throw a birthday party - My mom's 50th bday party- 09/07/08
30. Cook a meal for Steve's family (I think this will have to be after we buy a house, there's not room for all of them in our apartment) - By not saying entire family I am completing this 09/13 for my Mother-In-Law's bday- there will be a couple family members missing but we invited them all.
31. Have photos taken of the two of us
33. Have family pictures taken with my family
42. Bake for 5 friends 5/5
45. Eat at 5 new restaurants 5/5
Niko's- 08/17/08
MJ's with my SIL 09/29/08
Joey's 10/11/08

Lacoka
CHOP 11/09/08

46. Eat at my old Boston Pizza (for some reason I just haven't been going back)- Went 9/5/08
51. Go to a concert - we went to Ron Paley at Jazz under the Rooftop 11/14
86. Label my files in my filing cabinet at home and at school
96. Watch a sunset- I've driven into many lately
97. Watch a sunrise- I drive into the sunrise every morning
100. Watch our wedding video (yes, it's been 3 years and we haven't watched it)
101. Blog 3 times a week for 2 months - 8 weeks out of the 10 since I made this goal were 3 post weeks so I am going to count this as done since my goal was really just to do it more consistently.

And the ones I hope to complete or start soon--

70. Buy a Christmas Tree Skirt - maybe one on sale around Christmas
And hopefully #1 in the early new year.

And the ones on my Christmas list
4. Get a label maker
6. Get a KitchenAid Stand mixer
7. Get a food processor .... on my Christmas list
17. Get two new games 0/2... Killer Bunnies and Scotland Yard are the two I'm wanting

I hope to have 20 done by the first day of 2009

1 comment:

Pamela said...

:) great progress! I should get back on top of my list...i was doing so well and then life got in the way!