Wednesday, February 25, 2009

One Year Ago

A year ago tomorrow we lost Renee. At 6:35pm Central time (for she was in New York) she left the earth for heaven. Oh how I miss her. Some days more then others, but she will remain a part of my heart forever.

I don't know what to expect from tomorrow. I know it's been a roller coaster of emotions this week leading up to the sad anniversary. I have also had a couple of migraines and rowdy students which haven't helped.

In the year since she past there has been a void, in the foursome that we were (if you're lost in all this look here) in the celebrations of life's victories and challenges, and who I was because I knew her.

She was one that I loved, my cousin and my friend.

I miss her laugh, her craziness, her smile and even her complaining.

Cheers to you little one!

2 comments:

Lynne said...

i know what you are talking about with the whole whirl wind thing... i am not even sure that my feet are on the ground at any point...

Pamela said...

I am sorry. I don't think the feeling of loss ever fully disappears but perhaps makes us more deliberate in our lives and helps us to realize that our life here on earth is fleeting.