Monday, June 9, 2008

Wheat-free- Day 2

Today was my first dose of torture. My plan was to go shopping first thing in the morning, as I knew I was subbing in the afternoon, until I got a call for the morning as well. So I had a couple rice cakes for breakfast, went to foodland and got some yogurt and rice noodle soup for lunch. However, this was not enough to keep me full at all. I was hungry and cranky all day (not a particularly great thing while subbing, but I tried to keep it together). Which continued after supper as we went grocery shopping and I had to read every label. There was apparently some wheat in the peanut sauce I had and I was feeling pretty rotten while we were grocery shopping which lasted until I ate another supper when we got home.

But, as of right now I am feeling better. I have lots of food at home that I can eat. Lots of things made of rice and meats and veggies. Snacks of crispy minis, rice crackers, and some candy. Thank goodness there's no wheat in candy.

Karyn was lamenting with me tonight about the cinnamon buns and other stuff I would have to cut out. But there are a lot of my favourites that I will not have to eliminate and Karyn pointed out that I might lose some weight in the process and I'd be totally okay with that.

Cheers!
Krista

4 comments:

tammi said...

Well, it's not like you NEED to lose any weight, but you'll probably be taking better care of your body this way.

I certainly hope for your sake that it's not Celiac's though. I guess it's likely not a bad thing to swear off wheat forever, but I hope you're seeing a doctor anyway, if for no other reason than to confirm your suspicions. It would still be better to know for sure. (this coming from the Queen of Self-Dianosis, who usually ends up having blood pressure problems because she spent too much time thinking about what her symptoms MIGHT mean instead of just going to the stinkin' doctor for an educated, professional opinion!!)

tammi said...

Oops, that should read: Queen of Self-DiaGnosis!

Pamela said...

ooh, I hope it is not Celiac's either! Can it come on suddenly like this or have you been noticing it for a long time? Hope you find out the problem soon. Good luck with the experiment!

PamJ said...

How is it so far?
I think either way, you should still go see a doctor!