Monday, August 18, 2008

First Day in my Class!

Today, I woke up bright and early. Loaded my car and... went back to bed. I didn't want to be a super keener. I did have to load the car early though because I had to get it out of the parkade as they were sweeping it. So after I slept for a little bit more (after all I didn't want to be there at 9am on the first day possible) I headed in. Turned out I came at the perfect time. My room partner came in just before me and we figured out our room configuration for the year. We think. It's hard to know what's going to work. In our very packed room we managed to eliminate 2 pieces of furniture. Yay for less clutter!

It was very overwhelming though. I sat there and wondered what I was supposed to do next. I brought way more work to do at school then I actually needed so I ended up bringing a lot of it back home with me. And I did a bunch tonight!

But what is sure to turn out to be an AWESOME help is my former cooperating teacher whom I finally connected with tonight. She taught K for one year and is now a behavioural consultant so she's allowing me to use tons of her stuff!!!! So exciting! She has units and all sorts of stuff for me to borrow. Between that and the other K teachers at my school I should have some great resources. But at the end of the day it's just me and the Kinders....

I got my student files today. The first one I opened was... tendency to cry. I don't know if I'm ready for the criers.

I'm back in my class Wednesday and Friday. Here's to some good prep days. Oh and today I saw the superintendent of the division and part of me wanted to call out "Hey, come back here, I still need another half time position"... but I didn't. Hopefully he has ESP and got the brain wave I sent! lol

Cheers!
Krista

4 comments:

pam said...

Well, at least it wasn't "tendency to wet himself". ;)

PamJ said...

Excellent point Pam!

Krista Nicole said...

Oh don't laugh- that same kid also had a note about some bathroom stuff. Not what you said exactly...

Pamela said...

what an exciting...and scary time for you!