Monday, October 20, 2008

Hmmm... not too much going on

Despite life being pretty busy it doesn't seem like much is going on. Just the usual.

I called in sick for the first time on Friday. I was feeling pretty worn out from my crazy day on Thursday. I have never felt more baffled. Maybe baffled is not the word but despite having all my students at school on Thursday there was not one time when we were all in the same roomat the same time. I had an EA pulling out kids for work, a volunteer doing some finish up with kids, and then they did all of my kids hearing and vision screenings in the same afternoon. It was nuts. I could have easily lost one and not known it till home time.

Despite really needing a sick day I wasn't sure how my kids would do with a sub. I felt a little like a mother hen, a little protective. However, my sub on Friday who is my room partner reported this morning that all had gone well and my kids had been great. Phew. I was glad that their first sub was someone they see quite often. She's usually working in my class in the afternoons while they are there so she wasn't a stranger. And today I started preparing them for their next sub. I have to go to a Kindergarten inservice on Wednesday and my room partner is going too, so they will have someone different. Hopefully they're good for her too.

But tomorrow we are going to the farm. Watch your feet, and hold your noses. Heading to the dairy farm. I am subbing in the morning and going to a meeting and then a banquet after school so I will definitely be bringing at least one change of clothes. It's not that I don't like farms, after all I was a farmer this summer, but I do not want to smell like one.

That's all the excitement I have for now.

Cheers

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Glad you took that sick day to take it easy and rest up. Sounds like you have a great class that they can respond so well to a sub, even one they see regularly.

Happy farm-visiting tomorrow! :)