Thursday, October 30, 2008

Matters of the Heart

Hey all- I would appreciate if you could pray for my momma. It seems like a traumatic health year in the Reimer family. First Chad had pneumonia, then dad had a pulmonary embolism and now my mom has been sick for the last two weeks and she went to the hospital today and has been admitted.

She has congenital heart failure and cardiac myopathy. Essentially her heart isn't working the way it should and they believe there is some damage. They believe she must have contracted a virus at least a month ago that attacked her heart. But she wasn't sick a month ago, so who knows.

So she's at St. B. Different doctors have said different things about the severity of the situation. Essentially it is not likely to be life threatening. Sanity threatening though. She's on bed rest and for those who know my mother... she's not a fan of sitting still for any length of time so she is not looking forward to this. Not like she would be if she was otherwise a sitting duck.

I've had a crazy busy week as I have been subbing all but one morning and have two Kindergarten classes to take care of tomorrow for Halloween.

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers I know will be sent our way.

2 comments:

tammi said...

Oh, Krista, I'm so sorry to hear this. Your mom was always special to me and I loved working with her in the past. I can't even imagine how tough it will be for her to RELAX! She, you, and your whole family will be in my prayers.

pam said...

I will definitely be praying for you and your family.