Saturday, October 11, 2008

Thanksgiving Poems

These are for Pam and Tammi and anyone else that thinks poems are funny...

First one- The Turkey

The Turkey is a funny bird
It's head goes wibble, wobble
The Turkey only knows one word
and that is gobble, gobble.

(with the appropriate head bobbing and emphasis)

The other- sung to Frere Jacque I believe

Turkey Dinner

Turkey dinner, turkey dinner
Gather round, gather round
Who will get the drumstick?
Yummy yummy yumstick
All sit down, all sit down

Turkey stuffing,
Cornbread muffins
Pumpkin pie, with whip cream

All of us were thinner
Before we came to dinner
Me oh my, too much pie. (with appropriate exaggerated stomach grabbing)

And I do not share these with my room partner, not that I wouldn't be willing to share. They actually came from my cooperating teacher the year I was in Kindergarten. She lent me all of her poems already written out (yay!)

Anyways, as you have too much pie think of this poem and say Me oh my, too much pie.

Happy Thanksgiving all!

3 comments:

tammi said...

Haha, those are awesome!! Especially the second one ~ that second verse describes me perfectly right now!!!

Thanks for humoring me, Krista!!

PamJ said...

Those are great :)
I am assuming it wasn't this Pam you were talking about?!? I never know... BUT I do know that J and T would love these!

Pamela said...

Love them! how nice to have them already printed out and ready to go!