Wednesday, October 15, 2008

So many thoughts!

Right now I am sitting at my computer with so many thoughts running through my mind. None of them are thoughts I can actually do anything about. Thoughts about our future, where to live, where to buy, when to buy, to buy or build, feeling like I'm picking one family over the other, what will happen if we move, will we make new friends and still be able to maintain our current relationships, what will happen with the housing market, will I get more subbing, another half-time position, a full-time position next year, what financial decisions to make now so we benefit in the future....???

I was talking to a friend about being patient tonight. Neither of us are good at that, but yet we "must" be because we cannot change the situations we are in. We just have to wait and see what happens.

Is it the culture that we are in to not just live and trust that God will make things happen? Are we so anxious and high strung that we cannot just be still and know that things will work out? When will I learn that God will take care of it if I let him?

Cheers to God's infinite control, and being able to have some one to give it to.

2 comments:

tammi said...

I believe it is partly the way our society conditions us to rely on ourselves that makes it difficult for us to trust God for the future. But I think people from almost any era in history would say the same thing. Nuts, I guess that means it boils down to us as individuals!

Patience has never been one of my virtues either. So at least you're in good company!! ;)

Andrea said...

God has had to show me time and time again that yes, HE is in control and HIS timing is better than anything I could do on my own.

Sometimes I think I'll never learn....