Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Pumpkins

As Thanksgiving approaches and Halloween is around the corner we are "studying" Apples and Pumpkins in KKS. This week we've mainly been talking Turkey and pumpkin pie with some really funny poems. My favourite poem ends with the phrase (and appropriate stomach grabbing) "All of us were thinner, before we came to dinner. Me oh my, too much pie".

Well I brought in two pumpkins yesterday and today my students were very interested in their presence in our classroom. One boy was quite certain and convinced that we should make something out of them. He suggested one recipe... or something like it... including sticking pencils in it and eating the pumpkin. Not quite sure how that would work. But that's the same student who tried to convince me he went to the Icefields in Florida and who when I ask what they did over the weekend says he went to Edmonton for a week. Love him but his facts are kind of wonky.

On a very positive note- my prayers are starting to be answered in one area. I was really hoping for some subbing work and low and behold. Two mornings already this week. This morning a teacher got really sick after she got to school so it was very last minute but that was fine.

Have a great Thanksgiving everyone. Mine starts tomorrow at my Reimer gathering. I have so much to be thankful for this year (like every year). God is good.

Cheers!

4 comments:

PamJ said...

God IS good! So glad he is answering some of your prayers :)
Enjoy the turkey and pumpkins!

tammi said...

Are any of those poems online? They sound like fun.

Glad to hear you're picking up a few subbing hours here and there. Sounds like you're having a lot of fun teaching!

Chad said...

i dont know that kid that had all those stories, but i like him.

Pamela said...

I'd love to hear those poems too! Do you have to do the same ones as your room partner?