Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Lovin it!

This has been such a great week. Thursday night the long awaited surprise visitor arrived. Karyn came home for two months from Jordan!!! See my cousin's post to see who that is if necessary. Then Friday I got my job, on Saturday Monique came home and we shopped and went out for lunch. It was fabulous! Sunday we went out to Mennville to see Grandma as well as my aunt and cousin who are in from Alaska. Grandma was tickled pink to have almost two whole benches full of her family in church. We also brought Monique's friend with us who is from Australia and who is living in Vancouver currently, but working on a project here in Winnipeg for a couple months. This was her first experience with a large family as she has less people in her entire family then were there just for Sunday at Grandma's. Last night Karyn, Monique and I went to Renee's parents (our aunt and uncle's) for supper and Karyn came over for night.

I don't think I have to tell you but I love having Monique, Karyn (and when she was alive Renee) home. They all left Manitoba before they were 20 and I... stayed. I don't regret staying because this is my home and staying led to me meeting Steve and starting my life with him. I know I was meant to stay here but I miss them when they're gone. However, that makes it so much sweeter when they are here. Even when I know they are in the province it makes me happy. But what makes life even better is that tomorrow at my grad party, my friends and my cousins get to meet. Now when I talk about my friends to my cousins and vice versa there will hopefully be a face to the name.

Alright, I should head to bed so I look all fresh tomorrow for Grad!

Cheers!

2 comments:

. said...

i am so excited for you that you got to/get to hang out with monique and karyn! what a beautiful suprise karyn was/is!!! are you heading to hecla for the weekend?

Andrea said...

sounds like a fantastic week to me!