Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Stepping Back in Time

This week has been interesting. On Monday I didn't get a sub call, but I did get a strawberry call. So I headed off to LaSalle Valley Berry Farm where I planted strawberries for the afternoon with my brother. I even got to drive the tractor for a bit- I was very excited!

On Monday I got a call from the principal at the elementary school I went to. She wanted me to come in to substitute for the resource person, so I agreed. Once I got there she asked if I was free Wednesday and Thursday and I said of course.

As the resource person this week I have been supporting teachers by coming in for a little bit to help out with different lessons and activities. And it's been crazy. The school is so much smaller now, less kids and part of the building including the portables are completely gone. However, what has stayed is everything else. Same desks, desk bins, and I even caught sight of our old textbooks. The teachers are all different but it was a huge sense of deja vu when I walked into the Grade 2 class where I had that same grade. It's also been very interesting to be in other teacher's classrooms and to see how they teach. It has made my own beliefs clearer and definitely more concise.

So tomorrow I'm there and then I'm back to waiting for the phone to ring on Friday.

Cheers!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

I couldn't imagine waiting day by day for a phone call to go into work. Here's hoping you get a job lined up for fall so you will have security!

And how cool to back to your old classrooms. I feel the same way when I bring Joelle to school...my old school building. It's neat!

tammi said...

Well, obviously my kids aren't going to my old school, but even just walking around in an elementary school or hearing Peanut talk about what goes on among her and her little friends takes me back and helps me remember all kinds of stuff from way back. And I DO mean wa-a-a-a-a-a-ay back!! ;) Very cool. (the memories, not the fact that it was so long ago!)

Hope you manage to find something permanent for fall.