Friday, May 2, 2008

Yay for Pay

Today I got my first call to substitute teach! I looked at my alarm clock at around 7:45 this morning and figured I wasn't going to get a call because it was too late. Nope! A minute later my phone rang and for some reason the lady at the other end asked for Steve because he wanted him to sub.... I said, hey I'm the sub! I don't know how they got Steve's name.

So I get my call at 7:45 and was asked to work in Blumenort for the morning and Niverville for the afternoon. That's a big yikes because it was 7:45 the school day in Hanover starts at 9am but as a teacher you have to be there at least 10 minutes early and Blumenort is about 40 minutes away. And I was still in bed. No problem for Super Teacher- I showered, got dressed and packed my lunch like a maniac. Sped down to Blumenort very scared out of my pants- I've never taught by myself before but it was AWESOME. Such great kids in both schools, which just makes the day!

Now I have to wait till the end of the month but I am finally getting paid for what I've been training to do. Success!

3 comments:

tammi said...

Congratulations!!! Subbing has to be the scariest job on the planet and it sounds like you handled it no problem!

Melissa said...

Thats great news- so glad to hear that it went well- YOU are a great Teacher I bet!

Pamela said...

How exciting! Glad to hear your first subbing day was great!