Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Pray for Chad

My youngest brother Chad (also referred to as Stinky- although he does not) is tree planting in the bushes of Ontario as of this week. Which I suppose would be fine, except that before he left he got pneumonia. (Well really he was sick for a while, ignored it and finally found out before he left that it was pneumonia) And it's not the better kind to have because the antibiotics have not helped him. Tonight he called home and talked to Dad. He is not feeling any better, and he is having a really hard time planting trees because of it. Which means he's barely planting enough to pay for room and board and really not making any money at this point. Pray that he would feel better and that his pneumonia would clear up, or have the courage to come home to recover. I don't think he wants to come home and follow in my footsteps of abandoning ship.

What I'm referring to is the summer after high school graduation when I moved to Banff and became a housekeeper at a hotel there. I hated it! I was sick and I knew no one, plus the people I lived with didn't speak English. The scenery and great shops that I couldn't buy anything in were not enough. So after three weeks, I had broken even with my room and board and plane ticket and my seven month adventure got significantly cut down as I took the bus back home. I came home, went to camp for the rest of the summer and then got my Boston Pizza job. So who knows what would have happened had I stayed in Banff.

But back to Chad. Please pray for him! I know he would really appreciate it.

Cheers!

No comments: