Monday, May 12, 2008

So tired

Student teaching was somewhat tiring, but substitute teaching is absolutely exhausting. The class I had today and tomorrow is more then a handful. They are great kids deep down (I saw a little bit of it in flashes today), but behaviour management is more then one person alone can handle. Thank goodness I do have an EA in there, as well as a floating sub for some of the day. Even so, I left school in an absolute frazzled mess today and at the end of the day the principal came in and asked if I could come in tomorrow and I said yes. I can't turn down work. On my way home I stopped for a fistful of cookies at my parents (conveniently it was snacktime). However, when I got home I could barely function and I haven't done much this evening. Pray for me tomorrow! Pray that I have a swarm of angels hovering around the children keeping them learning and quiet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yep, welcome to the real world. And it only gets better. Don't forget that the practicum usually takes place in the "better" classrooms. Good luck tomorrow! Kim