Monday, September 29, 2008

Feeling Low

Well if you are my friend on FB you may have noticed that my status last night was less then inspiring. It was downright depressing, but that's how I felt. Last night I was feeling very lonely and depressed after Steve fell asleep. My smile and optimism were broken at best.

If you stop reading right here I will never know. That's the thing about blogs.

I felt last night like I've been trying so hard to be positive and optimistic. About life in general and about some specific things. Like our quest for a house. I feel like I've been singing a false hope tune for two years now as I have believed we would have enough at the end of the month to save and put in our down-payment fund but I was only fooling myself. Even now it feels like we are so far away from our goals. I feel useless because I accepted a half-time position and there is no morning subbing opportunities to be found. I feel like I'm running around in circles and getting no closer to our goal. I feel so much pressure being in a room with another teacher who spends way more time there then I do.

I wish, and I long for someone who lived near by that would be to me like Karyn and Monique. They are too far away for a coffee, or a quick phone call. And as much as I wish that situation would change, it is simply not reality. I can not wish them back for my own sake.

I have not written this for pity, or for applications for a new best friend, but maybe as a prayer request. This is not the first time I have struggled with this but I hope it is the last.

My mind is running and my heart is heavy. I feel spent...

Edited- 10-10-08

3 comments:

PamJ said...

just wanna say you are loved girl! (and i'm also usually always by a phone ;)
i will pray for you hon...

i don't wanna take the limelight away from you but that is exactly how i felt when i lived in the city, so very isolated... and moving out here somehow brightened everything up and changed a lot of things!

Jolene said...

Okay I have to delurk myself. I have read your blog a couple times and I think that we used to work together at camp years ago. I'm pretty sure I even stayed at your house for a weekend or two.

I just want to delurk myself because I totally know how you are feeling. I am also a teacher (although I am on mat leave right now), I know what it is like to make goals and feel like you are not achieving them, my phone log looks very similar, and I am trying very hard to be positive.

I don't have any super inspiring words to share but I can tell you you are not alone.

Andrea said...

Move to my neighborhood, and you'll be swarmed with wonderful friends! :)

Seriously though...I have gone through times like that too, and it STINKS!!

Wish you could've made it to our girl's night on Saturday.