Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Today

Today was my first day with all 22 of my kiddos. It went really well... considering. My crying child from yesterday only cried for half the day today (half of the half day I guess). He even had snack. There was couple other tears, but each of the criers was very quiet about it. There was no huge emotional outbursts.

Every once in a while I try to make up some German to try to communicate with my 5/6 that really have no clue what I'm talking about. For the most part they are able to interact (enough) with the other children and follow the crowd of children when I give an instruction but I feel so bad for them. They will learn English eventually... I thought that the German kids would interact with each other more but they really don't. They are so quiet that they probably don't know that there's others who speak their language.

Today was also the first day the kids came to and left school on the bus. I was there to greet them and so were some of the moms. Some of the moms sent their child on the bus and then drove to school to see them come off the bus. Now that's love. I definitely thought of my friends Andrea and Crystal who also sent their big kindergarten kids on the bus for the first time today.


Well time for bed, got to get ready for tomorrow!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Ahh...the bus! What a new experience. Luckily, Joelle did great with the bus, and today again was no problem. I was a little choked up watching her get on and get driven away yesterday -- but it's all part of growing up, I suppose....

Pamela said...

oh man I so would have been the mom to send the kidlings to school on the bus and then drive to school to see them off...crying the whole time no doubt, lol!