Sunday, September 7, 2008

First Day as "The Teacher"

Yesterday was my first day actually teaching. I had only part of my class- 7 kids, and I'd like to say. I could totally get used to only having that many. The other half of my class is coming on Monday and hopefully it will be as successful as my first day.

There were... no tears (if the parents cried it was after they left), the parents didn't stick around, no accidents, and everyone remembered to close the door when they went to the washroom.

There was a minor fiasco when one my students couldn't find her outdoor shoes and so I sent her to her bus in her indoor shoes. Except we solved the problem before she left and SUPER MRS. SMITH got the right shoes on her feet before she got on the bus.

It's all in a days work...

Cheers!

2 comments:

tammi said...

You ARE a superhero! I can barely handle two kids on a regular basis!! (Although I do manage to find pretty much every single microscopic Polly Pocket figurine and Barbie shoe they manage to lose. Which is about 73 per day.)

Pamela said...

Hooray for the first day! What a great way to ease into it. I have a real class this year with 25 instead of the 12 I was spoiled with last year!