Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Maybe the Most Bizarre News You've Heard All Day

I have some good news, but not just any good news.... Krista the heifer became Krista the cow when she gave birth to a bouncing baby bull named Milt last week.

Confused? Bewildered that I had a baby and didn't tell you? Wondering what a heifer is and how it can turn into a cow?

My aunt has a diary farm with her husband in Ottawa. They named their heifers (female bovine before they have a baby) after her female family members (in sequential order). So four little heifer calves became Krista, Karyn, Monique and Renee and so on and so forth. And to further the biology lesson, when a heifer becomes pregnant and has a baby it becomes a cow. So Krista the heifer (and Karyn the heifer I should mention) became pregnant earlier this year and became mom's (cows) last week. We both had boys (bulls)

And to make the story even sweeter... my aunt named the baby bull Milt.

So... I do not think at this point that it would be appropriate to name my first son (child) the same name as my first bull and that's not just BS.

Cheers.

(flowers and homemade meals are not necessary for the birth of my first bull. Although if you really feel elated go ahead bake me something... hehe)

5 comments:

Andrea said...

Hee hee..you're right -- that was a humorous one. :)

I bet Steve is stoked about the name.

PamJ said...

lol THAT's why you were not well... you seemed to have recovered fast. congrats :)
we will name our dog milt just so you don't have to name your child after a bull AND a dog ;)

Chad said...

krista your such a heifer.. um i mean cow..

thanks for the biology lesson.

Pamela said...

Congrats on your new addition...will you be posting pics of newborn Milt?

Krista Nicole said...

Well my parents are going there in October so my mom said she'd try if she could (to get pictures of Milt and Krista). If she does I will post them but my mom isn't exactly the best at remembering to take pictures.